Thursday, November 25, 2010

Overpromise.

They say 6 months ain't very long.
I beg to differ, having spent 6 months in HongKong, I think it's not exactly short.
In a matter of weeks, life took a big turn with granddad's passing. Time, or rather the "perfect timing" is always an element of consideration.

Seeing how in a matter of a week we have gone so far, I think in 6 months, many things can happen to you. You are graduating and there's that new job waiting for you. I'm not insecure, but I don't want us to overpromise anything to each other.

You said: "in short, I will wait."

I cringed, in a good way. But also in a sad, selfish way.
My heart is sad, teary and weary. Leaving grandma, leaving dad, mum and bro is already hard enough. And right now it seems that you have been added to the mix. In a way, I saw it coming but this is all too soon.

Yes I understand what my stance on relationship is: "like a shark, it either moves forward or die". But, the faster we go, the messier it gets, especially if we crash and burn.

So I stick to my initial stance - that we should just hang around.

Let's not move forward too much. Selfishly, I dont wanna leave for Seattle with thoughts of you weighing me down, because I know there's a possibility it will happen.