Having been deprived of any local Theatre related acts for 2-3 years (money spent on concerts and too much beer), I finally jumped back into the scene with IH's Weight of the silk...
The monologue painted enough pictures, and IH was at his usual best I felt (nvm that there are disagreements on this one). The way a men chooses his wardrobe was liken to his character, a simple observation blown into 90 minutes of visual pleasure. Yes, I love plays despite not being able to grasp 100% of it. A twist of fate, led to me winning a pair of tickets to EQUUS tonight. It isnt too bad a way to spend a public holiday I reckon.
I've hardly gone on a verbal diarrhea since heading back from the US. Half a year has changed more than my point of view(s), it has definitely charged my energy to tackle final year project and savour good ole friendships with more enthusiasm.
Other than the usual coffee talk I've been having with many friends from my secondary school/Poly, there is definitely a sense of renewal in all my relationships. It takes one meeting to know that we are all on a whole new level.
One of the memorable ones was 4 to 5 hours of chatting over dinner and in the car. Chilling in a quiet spot and catching up (me catching up more of..) of each others life. We have all grown up so fast and so steadily. Everyone rushing, heading towards a direction. We are not merely letting time push us forward, we are running forward, regardless the direction is clear or not (which is not a bad thing the way I see it). Work, study, relationships, all the big categories in our lives that once seem so distant is now "materialising" right before my eyes.
Sending chong off for her 3-month work trip to HK did bring about many new epiphanies so to speak. Im insanely excited for her, and glad that she's heading out (yes, another one of us moving forward ya-dah ya-dah) and i realise too that we can only embrace what the future have for us (as did she, and enjoying it may I add), and over-planning might not really be the way. Its not something I can give up definitely thou.
gosh, I wonder what the rest of the year has in-stored for everyone around me.