Saturday, January 05, 2013

One of those yearly reviews.

2012, a year I can hardly describe with words. It was a year with countless disappointments, transitions and interviews.

Career search. I must have gone for at least 8 interviews? The first wave in march, the second wave in October/November. After awhile, meeting a group of strangers and chatting to them becomes so natural. I got my first offer in October, put it on hold, another one in November, December and in January. All of the offers I thought long and hard about and in the end, I followed my heart and took one which I truly felt excited for. The package is not fantastic, but the job is. Case closed for job hunt, at least for now.

Trips. I travelled four times this year, of which three was with Mr x, and one with my family. I enjoyed every one of them, except the last one in which I looked for mr x in some freezing cold developing country. Taipei with my family was mad fun, and ended with a big bang with my sore eye.

On my last trip to look for mr x, I endured the torturous transits and leaped into his arms. After all, in that cold weather he was the only warmth I had. Yet...I'm not sure, it seems that the weather kept his heart cold, and I wasn't able to thaw it even with my sunny singapore vibes. I spent Xmas in Beijing (a 2nd, since couple years back I did it with my family) and decorated X's place. It brought back some warmth, but that too was only momentarily. I can't help but wonder what else I could do to thaw his heart, and if whatever I do could really make a difference anyway.

Health. My body was not very cooperative in 2012. I had constant headaches (cured by coffee), eye problems and gastric problems, which all exploded and got worst towards the end of the year.

Education. I finally bid good bye to education and am now eagerly awaiting my certificate. I graduated with an expected grade but supplemented with my internships, doors did open for me. My final year big bang project did well for me, and that has led to, hopefully a career. To my academic parents, I am grateful, thank you prof p and prof l.

Colleagues and mentorship. It took me a long time to warm up to them, and when I did, I received lessons that I know I'll keep in my head for a long time. I'll take those lessons to my next job and hopefully do well. It started really painful, but it ended pretty sweet.

Best friends. X's departure saw me rebuilding my best friend-ships. I turned to many of them so much more, and they offered an insane amount of support and love through some of my darkest days. Thank you for listening my lady loves.

I'm sure this is going to be just one of those reviews. Many more will come in the next few days. Thoughts are swirling in my head, I have so much I want to pour out to document those months I have lived.