Wednesday, November 18, 2009

People-watching in Canteen 9.

Life in hall 9 has opened up my eyes to many things.

mainly: WHY do people ostracise?

I keep seeing people hanging around, alone. And I know they do not have a choice.

Situation 1:

I overheard a conversation today while queueing:

Group A chatters excitedly, Lonely boy hangs out behind them, they obviously know one another.
Lonely Boy (to group A): Can I join you for lunch?
Group A, Boy A: Sure...
They sit together, and physically they are linked up to the same mainframe.
Mentally, Lonely boy is still lonely boy.

Situation 2:

Boy A and Girl A having breakfast.
Boy C takes a seat behind them, yes, they all know each other. Acquainted I say.
Boy C buys breakfast and decides to join Boy and girl A.
They sit together, but there is only awkward silence.


Not everyone fits in.
Many a times im the odd one out.
But seeing my friends, I feel lucky.
I feel happy and most of all i feel grateful.
For the people around me.
For after entering uni, I have realised that nothing stinks more than a meal alone (and not due to choice).
If you even get what I mean.


...

MB106 TOMORROW!! an d I still have heart to blog. Amazing.