Thursday, September 03, 2009

IVY league.




I've always set my sights at attainable levels.
My uncles/aunts and even Ms Suasanne Chan and I have discussed about Ivy League.
Ivy League as 'the great eight', but never as "yea, maybe I could try for it".

It seems like such a distant illusion, as if it never existed in my world and I was just contented with local universities.
I set the boundaries and shut the thoughts of any distractions, focusing solely on NUS and NTU.

These days I've been reading and watching American-centric novels/articles/dramas.
And I wonder...why can't it be Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth or Cornell? SAT? why did I decide not to pursue it?
Why did I never plan ahead for a future that holds even more than I think I can handle.
Why did I never set my sights far?
Graduates from these schools are highly sought after for their academic excellence, interaction with the best in the field and reputable portfolio. Why did i never think far enough?

Im just wondering.

For now, Im just hoping to do a campus tour and step into these campuses.

- Today, I pity myself for my lack of vision. And yet, while climbing up 7 storeys to my room in the hall, I stopped to enjoy a breeze that blew the hair from my face, knowing how lucky I am to be living this life. Everyday my thoughts contradict.