Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Significance of WorldCup (literally and figuratively)






What does the Worldcup means to you?
I've maintained a pretty neutral and nonchalant attitude throughout the game, right till the semi-finals.
Spur moment spontaneous bet on Yoghurt (SOGHURT to be exact) and Bubble tea made the game awfully exciting.
Going against the hot crowd favourite GERMANY and putting my faith in SPAIN, has proven to be right.
But nothing comes easy, my faith is SPAIN was a result of countless intense interviews with football fans and a big fat D on my article. Well, at the very least I won some food.
Staying awake, catching the match, reading tweets from every fan - all that split moment actions made the night worth every minute of sleep I lost.


The Finals was heart-stopping. (both literally and figuratively)
SPAIN was the team of choice for both Paul (the soon-to-be-calamari-rings HAHA) and me.
With that strong support in heart and mind, I bet on the game. I lost of course, given that SPAIN won only in the extended match. But who cares, the big picture was that SPAIN won, and I (along with Paul) were right. Well, I should have researched on previous Worldcup finals, most teams were stuck on DRAWS during the Worldcup and won by penalty/extended game. Dad, who has missed all the other matches and is more of a vainpot than a football fan, actually bet on the draw and won. He tribal danced his way back to his bedroom when the match hit 93 minutes. Damn, what cheap thrill! The finals, as significant as it was to the Worldcup fans out there, was also a highlight for my heart. Some kind of strange uneasiness and change occurred during a span of 6 hours - 11am to 5am, from anticipation to end. Till now I can't figure out what that is.