Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Someone Worthy - Inch Chua



In case you don't already know about her..I present to you Inch Chua - Singapore's answer to Zee Avi. Of course it would be unfair for me to compared, point is she is a Local Talent.


With lyrics like:

"Plain, plain is the simple we use. Fake, fake is the lie we all seek."

"I could stay on the third degree, but my heart's on wholesale."
- Hurt, Wallfower Album, 2010

"I’ve traveled to Epiphany, I’ve seen the sights I wanna see
Scaled the mountain top to bottom, hit the road
Went back to boredom
And no surprise, I’m back at the start "

"What the hell, I’m losing my marbles over
Something I can’t see
I’d build a bridge, but I doubt I’d be any closer
To where You’d be. "
- Mt. Epiphany, Wallflower Album, 2010

"And now, I’m drowning by the dryness of my patience
and I, decay like rusted thoughts you breath away."
- Pins and Needles, Wallflower Album, 2010

"My sheets are calling, inviting pleasant happy thoughts.
A death to the start, a circumcision of my heart. "
- Aqueous Oblivion, The Bedroom, 2009 (My personal favourite, so many long train rides, sleepless nights, listening to this song)


Now now, just a slice of what Inch Chua's lyrics sound like. Visit her at http://inchchua.bandcamp.com/


Having watched her live performances - baybeats 2009, Paragon ... I think she strikes the right cord all the time. The solution to a hectic day - Inch Chua.

Sounds of a rainy tuesday, plagued by rashes.