Friday, May 27, 2011

Of logic, reason and whales.

And finally, whales came into the picture as I enter the final month of my stay in America. Well, maybe a little more than whales. The excitement has yet to wear off, in fact it leaves a tangy yet warm feeling in my heart - I will always have a soft spot for Friday Harbour, for San Juan Island.

But more than visual sightings, the 6 hour to and fro trip gave me a mental sighting into my own head. From the most logical depths of my head, I realised that we shall and maybe can only remain friends. I hate that word, I hate to use it for the both of us.

Every moment I try to convince my illogical self of this concept, I feel that I am throwing another dagger into my chest. Dagger after dagger after dagger.

Sleepless nights with no peace in sight until I reach the shores of Singapore. But that, I can live with. What does my return to Singapore signals?

And suddenly I dont wanna go home anymore.