The song that's constantly on loop in my head - "I wanna hold your hand" by the Beatles.
Old Skool I know, and the reason this song has been playing in my head and heart is even stranger.
"He held my hand and I distinctly remember holding on his wrist. His wrist, I liked the size of his wrist. Yeah it's a weird kind of hand-holding I know, even for someone sober. He turned back to me during two intervals, assuring me he'll find a way out. He asked for my patience, and for me to just follow him. Hand-holding, together yet apart. As if he cared, as if it mattered, getting me out was a matter of life and death, as if. At that moment I was caught in a divide, and yet, at the same time heading for the light (literally). My heart has not been warmed by a stranger for such a long time. "
All in the name of night life.
It's strange that I murdered my sleep cycle the moment I was freed.
Night life has been, exciting.
No pictures to give a visual description, but night life has been fantastic, yes I'm on repeat mode.
And the best part of it is struggling to wake early in the morning for breakfast, and to continue this vicious cycle.
I realised when it comes to having fun, I've always been a night person.
(minus my obsession with breakfast dates!!!! which reminds me: mcdbreakfastontues needs work)
From Holland V to town, to Dempsey to sixth ave, these 2 weeks, it's almost as if I'm on the trail of a lost teen-hood.
..
Today I'm grateful for the 3 good men I have met.
All strangers, but all gave something intangible I could hold on to.
One gave assurance
One gave warmth (in terms of hot tea)
One gave speed.
Sometimes I am really grateful for the small details in life.