Sunday, December 06, 2009

A jamieoliver nigellalawson floyd bobbiechin moment.

Blogging in the kitchen - a first.
Itunes blasting from the kitchen - a first, and a newfound joy.


It's strange being at home for more than 3 days in a row.
My soul has touched-base with books, free-online-streaming websites and cooking utensils.
I must say that trying to rip off the flesh of raw chicken is one hell of a laborious task.
Not to mention scary too, my thoughts went from "hell yeah I should be a vegetarian" to "poor chicken" to "ok, we've past 6.30pm, I'm too slow with the chicken".

So I had a jamieoliver nigellalawson floyd bobbiechin moment.
Marks and Spencer never fail to bring out the foodie in me la.

Bought linguine and carbonara sauce from M&S!!!! I did feel kinda cheated when I went to the nearby supermarket and realised that linguine costs only $2.50 a pack. In case you're wondering, I paid a bloody $6 bucks for it. NICE.

The pre-packed sauce is great, there's black pepper and bacon bits in it, but C'MON no one dumps this thing straight on the pasta right? It would be...cheap pasta.

In the spirit of creating a hearty homemade meal, I bought mozarealla cheese, full cream milk, chicken and egg (essential ingredients for REAL MADE-FROM-SCRATCH carbonara sauce) to add to the pre-made.








GARLIC - I swear I chopped up one planet worth of garlic for marinating and cooking.


The picture doesn't do the pasta justice I swear. Im not a fantastic cook but this pasta tasted similar to WARAKU's and I don't think I'll ever spent 20 bucks eating pasta there again.

Desert was Mixed berry yogurt with milk/fruit juice - a habit I picked up in Aussie 4 years back.

The brother and father enjoyed it.
I had the time of my life trying to cook the pasta, chopped garlic like mad (my hands still reek of garlic), slicing chicken and mixing the sauce.
So much so for not cooking for nearly 8 months.
Next up on the list - cheesecake, then maybe cookies or brownies.



All HAIL THE DOMESTIC GODDESS. (or so I think)
...


My heart takes a break as I overload my senses with distractions.
I don't wake up in the middle of the night with any more mysterious tunes in my head.
I stop holding my breathe as your image floats into my mind.
I sing with the intention of pleasing myself, no longer for another cause.
I read with a vengeance.
and I eat for pleasure, no longer just to pass time.