Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Good Bye "Niners"

I guess this is how it ends.
I mean, hasn't it always ended like this?
"Ending with a bang" - that does not exist in my kinda projects.

It starts like this.
You keep it in your mind for days at a go. You're inspired by every single thing that can make it better, aesthetically.

You inspire everyone else in the project. You communicate, mis-communicate, you frown over it, smile and meet somewhere in the middle. You agree to disagree for a greater good.

You fall asleep thinking about this project and wake up working on it.
You become obsessive and compulsive (I do anyway).

And gradually you become a collective form with your team mate and call yourselves "we". And you stumble into sudden closeness. When it ends, this becomes a sudden retreat. Inevitable, except for Sandy and I.

This is the closest I've ever felt to doing a creative project of sorts in Ngee Ann.
It was something remotely similar. The company was almost close, the project was without a doubt the best I've done. It was fun, there were bouts of excitement throughout. I ate less and fed more on my creative juices.

We learnt to "bleed", crash into crisis – in which for once I'm no longer a problem solver. We learnt about competency and intellectual exchange. Baby you keep us awake.

So baby baby, as we put you to sleep today, will you promise not to make a sound? GO smoothly to the printers and come back safely in my arms when you're all pretty and tangible.
I'll be waiting.