Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"I dream, sometimes that is the only right thing to do."

"Dream a little dream of me" - I never knew these lyrics could be so haunting.At 3am I gave up, knowing that even if I made it through the night, quality will be low and I won't survive today. Tonight's production night and I can only choose to give my best.

Ironically I was staying up reading Murukami's quotes, which I figure it's time I let him take a back seat - too distracting.
A dinner session with Libing saw the the possibility of a new read, "The unbearable lightness of being". The book is an easy read, divided into "sections" such as "body & soul" and the what nots. I can see myself reading it and listening to Dashboard's "Screaming Infidelities".

Hurukami haunts me, his quotes, and my personal association of various objects with him.
I saw X & Y both entered my dream, they took the same approach, like badly cast male leads acted out by novice actors.
One minute I was wandering, the second I was sitting in an antique bookstore, sharing a read.
Out of nowhere, you popped out. Walking by me as if I were a ghost, but the truth is, you are the ghost in my life.

And so when the alarm rang at 8am, I saw it as a relief.
Because I don't want to acknowledge this existence of us. I might reject the notion of being engulfed by a fragment of my imagination, but neither do I want to come to terms with the fading thread that is linking us together.

I prefer a daydream, not a haunting dark moment that is a reflection of the reality.

So I dream,yet again, because no matter what, that is the only right thing to do.