Friday, June 25, 2010

OCC Media Conference 3

"Choreographing the youth mix" - Media Conf 3.

2 big conferences down, 6 more in the pipeline.
Weekly media briefings, and impossible deadlines.
I'm kinda glad my birthday falls on this weekend, any later I'll be spending my birthday in Mandai Hill Camp.


The idea that all my hard work is fronted by the official body still sucks.
But there is some unknown comfort in knowing that you bother fronting my work because it's good.
fuckyeah, practice makes perfect.


Pleasant surprises came in the form of 2 job offers this week.
Life is not all rosy, but I'm glad sometimes (even if it's just a passing remark), I am appreciated.

We all struggle, don't we.
I choose the publicity route knowing it is all about sowing the seeds and getting to see them grow.
It's all about the "behind the scenes" work that results in a spectacular display of neon lights.
We may fade into the darkness, but let not those we have pushed into the glorious day be forgotten.

But sometimes, I have to admit, I bask in the joy of being able to enjoy just ONE speck of light.