Friday, May 28, 2010

11 thoughts.

I need to vomit my thoughts.
So many thoughts.
but they are no longer as mind-blowing.
My life is fulfilling in a messy way, I shall define them.


1) Weekends
Don't sleep past 10am (unless you were clubbing till the wee hours),
if not by the time you crawl out of bed, wash-up and eat your breakfast ...
it's mid-day.
Spend all afternoon in cafes all over Singapore.
Explore explore explore.

2) Working
Just leave on time, work can never be finished.
When your supervisor(S) ABANDON you on D-DAY,
take deep breathes,
drink about 3 cups of instant coffee (before lunch),
and extreme speed, courage, adrenalin and efficiency should come to you.
Then you can leave work on time.
And do plan afterwork activities,
they give you so much more reason to leave work on time :)

3) Dating
What is the definition of a good date?
More than just good coffee if I may add.
Chemistry is hard to come by.
Eager beavers are terribly scary.

4) Morning Crowd
I was lucky to have been able to avoid the morning crowd for my past two internships.
Third time not-so-lucky, I reckon.
So this third internship sees me trying to squeeze bus-mrt-bus just to journey to work.
I swear I would elbow everyone if I could.
All the bad smells (morning perspiration), bad cologne...ARGH
and non-stop shoving ....total WTF.
(I realise that the best way to deal with it mentally, is to alternate between listening to angsty uplifting songs and emotional slit-wrist songs.)

5) Music
I quit John Mayer.
For so many reasons.
I'm going back in time, listening to good ole comforts like Travis, Dashboard, Yamagata, Fine Frenzy and Zee Avi.

6) Coffee
I notice that I have been drinking more coffee compared to days in uni/poly.
Coffee with breakfast (2 cups sometimes), coffee with lunch.
Tea - those are reserved for the weekend mornings.
Weekend afternoons I turn to coffee again.
Coffee, i daresay, is a mental stablising agent, more than anything.

7) Friends
allow you to be impulsive.
They let you indulge in abit of whining, and impulsive acts, impulsive meetings conceive in a matter of minutes.
They entertain you,
bring you new forms on knowledge (Hui hui taught me how to download iPhone Apps on daddy's phone...)

8) Twitter
Allows me to micro-blog,
everything is concise.
Neat and tight.
Less nonsense, less indulgence maybe, but great for a quick break from work.
So enough said, I tweet alot from my office.
Complains, compliments, reflections, lessons learnt, all on twitter.
(http://twitter.com/tongytongtong)

9) Facebook
My facebook detox FAILED.
So I will try again.
Facebook is a great place for sharing photos,
but DONT EVER SHARE EMOTIONS.
Encourages useless comments.

10) My 21st Birthday Party (called "My Quotable 21st")
LiBing is currently away, but the planning continues.
Xinyu and I managed to come up with some ideas for entertainment.
Location has been booked!!! (due to some booking error I got a smaller function room)
My party list has been set - I have less than 30 (the max amt the room can hold) at the moment.
Good because I planned for 15 hahaha, keep it good and keep it tight.
Need to get down to catering. (will soup and crepes be a delight to my guest? or do i do boring boring curry chicken/beehoon combo.HMM)
Next week I have to send out the invites and get my materials printed AND the cake confirmed.
BUSY BUSY BUSY.

Last but not least.

11) School
I did better than I expected.
I tend to do better when I enjoy what I'm doing.