Sunday, May 16, 2010

"It's not your fault, stop blaming yourself."

I shall attempt to narrate my night of realisation.

A trip to Book Cafe saw the start of a plan,
something that I want to see through the end.

Chong's little gift to me:

There's a story behind it.

Erdinger at Timbre did not fail me, all except the live music at art house.
Apparently this new band only can sing lady gaga and taylor swift.(Shock 1)
The band exclaims in amusement upon seeing the name "Rachael Yamagata". (Shock 2)
They dismissed the existence of Kings of Leon's Sex on fire, which I think Shiryln and the unXpected would gladly run in for the kill. (Shock 3)

But the night did not fail me.
Over wings, beer and pizza, I came to recognise one the simplest concept/solution to the problem that plagues my life.

"It's not your fault, stop blaming yourself." - these simple words that escaped chong's mouth. These simple words.

I have never thought about it this way, ever.
I dwell in a state of misery, not because of just unanswered questions, but because I simply put the blame on myself (unconsciously).

Put it this way, it's like I threw a part of me (the vivacious communicator) into detention, and I spent every free moment questioning and retracing the events that led to the current state of things.

So on Saturday night, I let myself run free, throwing this blame into the Singapore river, and went home knowing that I'm not ready to move on because of too many unknown. Cliche to say, but let time show me the way.





//



No, you don't have to be with me.